Who is Eligible to Join PVA?
Any individual who meets the following criteria is eligible to join Southeastern Chapter, Paralyzed Veterans of America:
• A citizen of the United States
• A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces whose discharge was other than dishonorable
• An individual who has suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of trauma or disease.* (Note: The injury or disease onset could have occurred after discharge/retirement from military service.)
* Some examples of spinal cord diseases are:
• Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
• Multiple sclerosis (MS)
• Spina bifida
• Spinal stenosis
• Tumors of the spinal cord
The above list is not all-inclusive. Therefore, if your condition is not listed, or if you have any questions, contact our Membership Staff at (706)796-6301. If you qualify for membership, then download the membership form, fill out completely, Under Chapter Name, please enter “Southeastern”, attach a copy of your DD Form 214 and mail to our Chapter office.
Have you been a member of a Paralyzed Veterans of America chapter and wish to transfer to the Southeastern Chapter?
The Volunteer Program is an important part of our organization, and it would be difficult to exist without our dedicated people. The dedication and hard work of our volunteers enhances the lives of our veterans throughout the Southeast. Volunteers’ commitment to veterans helps to ensure that their service to our country is recognized and appreciated.
Are you interested in helping the Paralyzed Veterans of America Southeastern Chapter with your time and energy? Download and complete the Volunteer Application.